A few people made comments to me over MSN Messenger about my last post on mad cow disease.
According to some of the comments I received, it seems that people interpret me as having a political bias in support of President Lee. I couldn't care less who the president of Korea is right now, but for people to say ridiculous things such as "at least President Roh drew a clear line for the U.S. instead of giving into U.S. demands. He restored the pride for all of Korea" seems far-fetched at best. Why do I say this? Well, let's explore:
1. The Korea-US FTA wasn't initiated by President Lee's administration. Who started it then? None other than former President Roh! (Click here for details.)
2. No one disputes that former president Roh got elected president of Korea on the coattails of anti-American sentiment, but did he really restore "Korean pride"? If so, I find it odd that when the Virginia Tech massacre took place, he decided to issue a formal apology on behalf of the Korean people, not only once, but 4 times!
Granted that Seung-Hui Cho was originally from Korea, but how were citizens in Korea at fault for the actions of one man?
So much for restoring Korean pride. For those of you claiming that the current attacks on President Lee are not just political driven attacks from the left, I would suggest that you go read and do some research instead of acting in an irrational and uneducated manner.
I found this also while I was reading another blog with regard to Korea. According to the Marmot's Hole, Koreans claim that 99% of the population are PhD's on the subject of mad cow disease. Really? Hmm... It doesn't really surprise me that Koreans would make such a claim. After all, we all know how honest Koreans are about their academic achievements.
Lastly, to really drive my point home about my last post... It turns out that MBC in Korea messed up on its translation on a piece that they did in their news program PD Notebook with regards to mad cow disease. You still don't believe that Koreans are out to get President Lee by creating a public frenzy? Okay, then believe what you want, but the proof is in the pudding.
No comments:
Post a Comment